1. Crocodiles appeared on the Earth about the same time that the dinosaurs appeared.
2. When Crocodiles are young, they molt (shed their skin).
3. If the temperature is 86 degrees Fahrenheit or cooler while a Crocodile’s eggs are developing, the baby Crocodiles from those eggs will most likely be males.
4. Crocodiles eat their prey underwater
5. A Crocodile’s bite is stronger than the bite of a Great White Shark.
6. Adult Crocodiles have approximately how many teeth.
a. 28 b. 54 c. 72 d. 112
7. During an average 75 year lifespan, approximately how many times is a Crocodile’s teeth replaced.
a. 1 b. 7 c. 32 d. 50
8. One difference between an Alligator and a Crocodile is:
a. An Alligator has a narrower head b. An Alligator can live in salt water c. Alligators have a “V” shaped snout d. You cannot see an Alligator’s lower jaw teeth when its mouth is closed.
9. Approximately how long can a Crocodile hold its breath underwater.
a. 10 minutes b. 30 minutes c. 1 hour d. 2 hours
10. When a Crocodile’s mouth is open, that is a sign the Crocodile is:
a. Angry b. Hot c. Hungry d. Tired
1. True. Crocodiles appeared on earth about the same time the dinosaurs appeared.
2. False. Crocodiles do not molt, they grow into their skin.
3. False. 86 degrees or cooler and the eggs will most likely be female. Warmer than 86, and the babies will most likely be males.
4. False. While a Crocodile may drown its prey, it will not eat it underwater.
5. True. The Crocodile has the strongest bite of any animal.
6. c. An adult Croc has approximately 72 teeth.
7. d. A Croc will replace its teeth approximately 50 times during an average lifetime.
8. d. While you cannot see the teeth on the lower jaw of an Alligator when its mouth is closed, you can see the s lower jaw teeth of a Croc when its mouth is closed.
9. c. A Croc can hold its breath for about an hour underwater.
10. b. Crocs do not have sweat glands and release heat through their mouth.
The King of the Jungle Companion App!!!
The app enhances your game experience with detailed animal information, rule variations such as the reincarnation rule, challenging trivia, and more!