1. Some hyenas eat other hyenas.
2. The highest-ranking member of a group of spotted hyenas is always a female.
3. Male hyenas are usually larger than female hyenas.
4. Hyenas can digest an animal's bones.
5. Hyenas are sexually dimorphic (you can identify a male from a female by looking at it).
6. Hyenas do not climb trees because:
a. They do not have claws b. They are afraid of heights c. Their front legs are longer than their back legs d. Their front legs are not strong enough
7. Approximately how many Hyenas are currently roaming free on the Earth:
a. 10,000 b. 50,000 c. 100,000 d. 250,000
8. You can usually tell the age of a Hyena by looking at its:
a. Ears b. Tail c. Teeth d. Toes
9. In the Mtwara Region of Tanzania, it is believed that a male child born at night while a hyena is crying will most likely grow up to be a:
a. Hunter b. Medicine Man c. Politician d. Thief
10. A hyena lives for approximately how many years in the wild:
a. 7 b. 12 c. 18 d. 25
1. True. Some Hyenas eat other hyenas
2. True. In fact, the lowest female hyena is higher than the highest male.
3. True. Male hyenas are usually taller than the females.
4. True. Hyenas can digest bones.
5. False. Male and Female hyenas look identical.
6. c. Their front legs are longer than their back legs so they cannot do it.
7. a. Just 10,000.
8. a. Because they fight so much, the more damaged their ears, the older they probably are.
9. d. Thief
10. d. Hyenas live about 25 years in the wild.
DOWNLOAD AND PLAY WITH THE FREE
KING OF THE JUNGLE COMPANION APP!!!
The app enhances your game experience with detailed animal information, rule variations, challenging trivia, and more!
Check out our